We have a number of volunteer opportunities, from weekly tasks during the season to ongoing educational, research, coordination, and PR projects.
Click HERE or scroll to the end of this page to learn how to sign up for the Volunteer News List and get weekly reminders and other updates about volunteering at the market.
Weekly tasks include:
Setting up, Staffing the Market Manager tent, and Breaking down on market days.
To volunteer for weekly tasks, sign up for 2018 Market Day Ways to Help – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click HERE to go to our invitation page on SignUp: http://signup.com/go/AHGdNfB
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUpwill send you an automated confirmation and reminders.
Note: SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
Tasks and time slots:
– Set up between 8-9:00 a.m. Two or three folks who can lift up to 40 pounds.
– Take a two hour shift (9-11 or 11-1) at the manager table. Two folks for each shift with one with or willing to have POS training to accept EBT and credit cards.
– Vendor Market Bucks Counter. 12:45 – 1:30 p.m. Count, record, and provide receipts for market bucks returned by vendors for later reimbursement.
– Break down from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
– Retrieve the six highway exit and area signs around the lake and bring to 12 Armory St in Wakefield. Click Here for map of sign locations.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Be the co-market manager for the day. This is in case the Market Manger and/or the Assistant Market Manager are ill or otherwise need to take a Saturday off.
Assist with creating PR materials, updating the website, etc.
Educational R&D projects
Develop nutritional/cooking materials as handouts or to use in workshops. This could include recipes using market products, info on freezing and canning, quick healthy meals, eating in season, etc.
For more information, email the Market Manager with any questions.
To get a reminder each week and other updates, select the Volunteer News List option when signing up for the Wakefield Farmers Market Newsletter via the signup form on the homepage or by clicking HERE. If you are already subscribed to the Wakefield Farmers Market News, go to the end of an email you have received and select “update subscription preferences” to add yourself to the volunteer list.
Once subscribed, you will receive occasional emails during the year and a weekly email during the market season describing what sort of help is needed and how to sign up for a particular task or project, as well as the general WFM email newsletter.