The Melrose/Wakefield Monthly Winter Farmers Market will hold its 4th market day of the season on Sunday February 15 from noon to 4:00 p.m. at Memorial Hall, 590 Main St in Melrose and will continue its 3rd Sunday of the month winter schedule on March 15 and April 19.
NEW THIS MONTH! We will have a vendor specializing in Ethiopian food! Adey Foods will have ingredients for your own home cooking for sale as well as some tasty dishes you can purchase and try right at the market.
We will continue providing a “café seating” area on the stage where you can take a break from shopping and enjoy a tasty beverage or baked treat from Pour Man’s Coffee, a sweet from Spindler’s Confections, or a cup of delicious clam chowder from Roberto’s Seafood.
As always, there will be plenty of locally grown produce including winter squash, beets, onions, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, kale, collards, spinach, and Brussels sprouts, pasture-raised meats, poultry, eggs, and cheese, hard cider, fresh fish, dips, spreads, sweet and savory preserves, fresh baked goods, seasoning mixes, teas, cheesecake, hand crafted candy, root and ginger beers, soaps, candles, and herbal products.
- Shady Pine Farm will have local pasture-raised lamb available, along with beef, pork, poultry, and eggs.
- Trow’s Treasures will have heart-shaped catnip toys in honor of Valentine’s weekend. It’s never too late to give the gift of catnip.
- Oakdale Farms tells us that they have a great crop of spinach and mesclun greens growing right now and “our girls” aka chickens have been hard at work laying their eggs.
- Goodies Homemade will have plenty of heart shaped shortbread cookies as well as whoopie pies!! You can celebrate Valentines Day all weekend long. 🙂
- Roasted Granola Co. are using amazing Georgia pecans for their granola. Because they are so sweet and juicy, they have started showcasing them by selling “honey pecans” as well as a “sweet chipotle pecans.” They also still sell truly yummy dark Belgian chocolate granola bark.
- Goodies Homemade: Click THIS LINK to get a $5.00 off coupon on any online order placed by February 9. “Your Valentine’s Day gift of GOODIES will be packaged in our red gable box, adorned with color-coordinated ribbons and your sweet sentiment will be handwritten on the GOODIES enclosure card.”
- 7ate9 Bakery: “We will deliver cheesecake to most of greater Boston on Saturday 2/13 and Sunday 2/14. Contact us to place an order!”
Here is the list of vendors we know for sure are coming on Feburary 15: Farms and Food: Farmer Dave’s, Oakdale Farms, and Red Fire Farm, Lilac Hedge Farm, Shady Pine Farm, West River Creamery, Roberto’s Seafood, Bondat Foods, Samira’s Homemade, In Good Taste (Pam’s Salsa), Fior D’Italia (The Pasta Man), Mamadou’s Artisan Bakery, Swiss Bakers, The Popover Lady, Goodies Homemade, 7ate9 Bakery, Roasted Granola Co., Coutt’s Specialty Foods, Vermont Gourmet Candy Dish, Doves and Figs, Soluna Garden Farm, Spindler’s Confections, Eventide Confections, Ackermann Maple Farm, and, for our canine and feline friends, Emmett’s Edibles.
Along with credit and debit cards via our Market Bucks system, the Winter Market also welcomes SNAP/EBT transactions in exchange for Market Bucks. The Winter Market will match SNAP/EBT purchases up to $5 per visit so all of our neighbors can afford to eat healthy local foods. Just stop by the Market Manager Table.
NEWSFLASH: Survey Says! If you get our email newsletter, be on the lookout for one with the word Survey in the subject line. We have already reserved Memorial Hall for the 2015-2016 winter season, but are considering starting the market earlier in the day and/or running it for only three hours and we want YOUR input! Once the survey is finished and up online, you will also find a link to the survey on our website. It will also be announced via Twitter and Facebook. For those with no online access, we will have forms available at the market for the rest of the season that you can fill out by hand.
For updates, check back here at this website or visit www.melrosefarmersmarket.org and/or follow the markets on Twitter or Facebook. See you at the market!