Non-profit Organization Application, Policy, and Guidelines
Any questions? Contact Market Manager Ann Marie Gallivan via:
All nonprofit groups wishing to have a spot at the Wakefield Farmers Market must first fill out and send in a signed application via email (scanned) or postal mail. Email and postal address is on the application. Those requesting a spot for the first time are advised to email the market manager first just to make sure they fit the guidelines.
Here is the text of the Nonprofit Policy and Guidelines:
The Wakefield Farmers Market is a seasonal community event that prides itself on providing locally grown produce and helping local farms remain vibrant, promoting local businesses and bringing neighbors together to commune, share resources and support local business. The Wakefield Farmers Market also welcomes non-profit organizations free of charge to our vendor mix.
Non-profit vendors must be a public charity or other non-profit organization that serves a basic human need (i.e. food pantry, Haiti relief) or provides educational information of human interest (i.e. health and safety). In general, organizations that charge fees/tuition for services do not fit our guidelines. Exceptions are organizations such as 4H and the Boys & Girls Club.
Any sale of products must be approved by the Market Manager and may not compete with market vendors.
All organizations wishing to participate in the market must make a request in writing to the Market Manager via email to email@example.com or mail to PO Box 1426 Wakefield MA 01880. If approved, space will be scheduled on a first come first served basis. Location will be at the discretion of the Market Manager.
1) Must be a local non profit group or a locally active branch of a larger organization that serves a basic human need, provides educational information of general interest, or offers cultural programming.
2) Participation is no more than once per month, with the number of visits determined by the Market Manager.
3) All nonprofits must provide and use their own 10×10 tent, table and chairs and send personnel who can handle all aspects of setting up and breaking down the equipment and bringing out any empty boxes or trash created.
4) You must provide clearly visible signage in front of your tent identifying your non-profit.
5) Non-profit organization participants must be at the market 45 minutes before the market opens for set up, have completed set up at least 15 minutes prior to the Market Day opening time, and must stay at their tent and keep the tent up until closing, regardless of weather or turn-out. Market is open rain or shine.
6) The Veterans Field parking lot adjacent to the Market and the spaces along North Ave adjacent and near the market area are for VENDORS AND CUSTOMERS ONLY! You can use them for drop off and pick up, but please park in one of the lots at either end of the WMGLD building across the street, further up North Ave, or in the Lakeside parking area adjacent to the cemetery.
7) Sales or fundraising must be approved by the Market Manager. The sale of items such as t-shirts and wristbands, memberships, and licensed raffle tickets are generally allowed. No food or drink can be sold or given for free. Donations may be accepted but not aggressively solicited.
8) Non-profit organizations may not approach or shout out to customers passing by and Information may only be distributed at the non-profit tent.
9) In the event of severe weather the market will close at the Managers discretion and you will be notified as soon as possible via the cell phone and email supplied on the application form.
10) Liability insurance is strongly recommended.
11) In lieu of a fee or donation to the Market we ask you to advertise the Wakefield Farmers Market on your web site or marketing materials.