The main goal of the Wakefield Farmers Market (WFM) during the COVID-19 pandemic is to provide a safe and pleasant shopping experience for the community to purchase locally grown produce, meat, fish, poultry, cheese and small batch edible goods.
We need your help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Due to the virus, we will be a little different from previous markets. Per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to keep our customers, vendors and volunteers safe we have a few rules we ask our customers to follow:
- We will have a single entrance and exit. Please follow signage
- If possible, only send the head of household to shop. We can only allow a small amount of shoppers into the shopping area at one time.
- Pre-order whenever possible. Click the link above to order from the current weeks vendors
- Social Distance at all times – 6ft all around
- Sanitize your hands at one of our sanitizing stations
- Wear a mask or face covering – remember asymptomatic carriers can spread the disease to those who are most vulnerable
- No reusable bags
- Do not touch products, ask a vendor for assistance
- Follow all signage
- No dogs, unless service animal
Together we can have a safe and enjoyable market while doing our part to stop the spread.
Thanks to our generous Town, we will able to host an average of 18 to 20 vendors each week, some coming every week and some with alternating week or occasional schedules.
We currently we have 4 farmers offering produce and/or meat/poultry/dairy at our market. We also have a great fish vendor and a wide selection of other foods, including locally produced baked goods, pasta, preserves, salsa, root beer, and Middle Eastern fare and maple products. We also have a wine vendor and a hard cider vendor.
We will be unable to have artisan vendors, entertainment, fundraising, music or live cooking demos for the 2020 market season. But check in weekly as we are working with our artisan vendors to be able to offer preorders & product pickup
How does it work? For SNAP cards, you will purchase “SNAP Bucks” that you can use to purchase items from the vendors. We also match SNAP/EBT purchases with up to $10 in market bucks! Good food for everyone is Good for Everyone! EVERYONE deserves high quality healthy food!
Please visit our market tent for SNAP Bucks
WIC and Senior Coupons can only be used for produce and some select items from Farmer Dave.
Unforunately, we will be not be offering the Market Bucks Program this season, but will continue once the COVID-19 outbreak is over.
We will still be featuring virtual cooking demos visit our cooking demo page
Before COVID-19 here’s a glimpse of the market past:
Click HERE for a bit about our founding and history.
Click HERE to learn about how our market typically works.
Special thanks go out to the Wakefield Climate Action Project Inc. (WCAP) for all their support and cooperation.