Six Weeks Left: Rain or Shine, We’ll See You at the Market
With just six weeks left in our season, we’re starting to feel a little sad about the market coming closer to a close.
But we’re not there yet!
Before anything else, we’d like to take a moment to say how incredibly grateful we are to everyone who has come out to support the Wakefield Farmers Market and our vendors this season. Whether you’ve joined us every Saturday or visited whenever you could, every trip to the market makes a difference to the farmers, food producers, artisans, and small businesses who join us each week.
And we have certainly been lucky with the weather this year! Even the summer heat only really got us for a market or two, and rainy Saturdays have been few and far between.
While this weekend’s forecast isn’t looking quite as picture-perfect as what we’ve enjoyed for most of the season, remember: the Wakefield Farmers Market is rain or shine!

Watching Saturday’s Weather
Our Market Manager has been obsessively hitting refresh on multiple weather apps and channels, and so far, the chance of rain seems to be getting a little smaller every few hours. We may just get lucky by Saturday morning!
The bigger thing we’re watching is the wind.
If you’ve spent any time with us at Hall Park, you know that being right along Lake Quannapowitt can make things a little breezy. And a 10-by-10 pop-up tent can very quickly turn into a kite when those winds pick up!
In the past, we’ve adapted by setting up without tents when necessary, and we’ll make those decisions as conditions become clearer.
Rain or Shine — But Safety Comes First
As of right now, we are planning to see you Saturday at the lake from 9 AM–1 PM.
However, if winds become too strong, we may need to adjust. Some vendors have already decided to cancel Saturday based on their own comfort level with the forecast, which we completely understand. Because the lineup is continuing to change, we’re also holding off on publishing our official market map for now.
We’ll continue monitoring conditions closely and will make a definitive decision about Saturday’s market tomorrow evening.
We pride ourselves on being a rain-or-shine market, but when strong winds are involved, everyone’s safety comes first. We don’t want our vendors’ products or equipment damaged, and most importantly, we want our vendors, customers, volunteers, and everyone spending their Saturday with us to be safe.

So please stay tuned to our social media for any updates as we get closer to Saturday.
For now, grab your market tote, maybe throw an umbrella in the car just in case, and plan to join us for another Saturday at the lake.
We still have six weeks of market season left, and we’re going to enjoy every one of them.
See you Saturday, 9 AM–1 PM at Hall Park!


